Muktangan senior faculty were invited to present papers at two National Conferences on Quality practices in Education held this month.
The National Consultation Meet on Sustainability in the Context of Early Childhood Education
In the context of the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development 4.1 and 4.2 the Department of Elementary Education NCERT organized the National Consultative Meet on Sustainability in the context of Early Childhood Education. The meet invited researchers and educators across India working in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education to share their expertise in the form of white papers on the key focus areas to achieve sustainability in the field.
Ms. Gauravi Jadhav, Preschool Coordinator and Ms. Sushma Jagtap Primary School Coordinator, Muktangan presented a paper each co-authored by Mr. Valentine Borges Lead faculty Muktangan Education Resource Centre (MERC) and Ms. Jumana Rampurawala Leader Teacher Education and Outreach, the abstracts for which have been published in the National Consultative Meet’s official journal.
- Parent Perceptions on appropriate ECCE practices – by Ms. Gauravi Jadhav and Mr. Valentine Borges
- Curriculum Transition Processes from Preschool to Early Primary – by Ms. Sushma Jagtap and Ms. Jumana Rampurawala.
The overall objectives of meet are outlined below:
- To provide a scope for critical and reflective discussion on sustainable development in ECE.
- To provide a forum to discuss approaches and practices of developmentally appropriate ECE Programme.
- To develop a better understanding of quality ECE amongst researchers, practitioners, policy makers and other stakeholders.
- To disseminate recommendations to various stakeholders and practitioners of ECE to achieve SDG related to ECE.
National Seminar on Science Education
The National Seminar on Science Education was organized jointly by the Regional Institute if Education, Ajmer and NCERT. The objective of the seminar was to bring together stakeholders working in the field of science education to share their experience, research and innovative practices and impact to improving science education in schools all in the attempt to aid curricular and pedagogic reforms.
Ms. Sharmistha Kant, Leader of Muktangan’s Science Department, was the only NGO representative among a group of education researchers and university lecturers, presented a grassroot perspective on science education in Municipal schools.
Her paper, co – authored by Mr. Valentine Borges, Lead faculty Muktangan Education Resource Centre and titled Integrated-pedagogy model in science education at low-cost English-medium Municipal Schools in Mumbai aimed at developing a sustainable programme model by accommodating four major aspects to the science curriculum in school.
- Integrated-pedagogy in-service teacher education
- Interactive Classroom Design
- Out of School Learning
- Child- Friendly pedagogy approach